I can't say I'm a fan of Artificial Intelligence. I suppose I read & watch too much science fiction and believe conspiracy theories to be true. 

I recently found a way AI could be a benefit in my fiber arts. MATH! I can get by with my basic math skills I learned years ago and picked up over the years, but I tend to question my abilities after looking at a problem over time.

The critical piece of information needed for any calculation with regard to your crochet or knitted project is GAUGE. I know, who wants to do a gauge swatch!? It's important if you seldom follow a pattern or want to alter a pattern to your own needs. Using correct terminology will get the best results as well.

Example 1 - A simple calculation to determine how many chains are needed to start a blanket can easily be achieved by asking Copilot. 


Example 2 - Using the same premise as above but with a stitch pattern in multiples, Copilot was able to tell me how many chains to start with.

If I finish a project and have a more than 50 grams left over, I try to find a small project to use up the rest of the yarn. I recently made a placemat that weighed 116 grams and found I had 92 grams of yarn left. I know I can make a slightly smaller placemat from the leftovers, but how much smaller.? The Easy Tunisian Placemat is free here on the blog.

Copilot gave me the correct dimensions! 

I'll adjust to a size of 15" x 10" to account for +/- yardage and use my gauge numbers to get started.

Experimenting with this has been eye opening and I hope you can use these tips in your fiber arts journey.

Have a Happy Day!