Fruit Garden in Thread!

 Originally posted in February 2023. Moving all social posts to this blog.
















11/23/2022 - My obsession with thread remains. I've wanted to start a new thread project. Though I already have two large projects on the hooks - The Stunning Swag curtain: 85% finished & Diagonals tablecloth: 30% finished.

Now I'm on to the next challenge - Fruit Garden by Janie Crow in #10. I'm hoping for a victorian look wit


Fruit Garden-TexasPurl


Quite a bit of progress has been made with the Fruit Garden CAL by Janie Crow.


I had to take a couple days off with the Thanksgiving holiday, but I got right back to it as soon as I could.


I'm working on Part 3 now and had to make a few small adjustments to this block. Thread just doesn't have the elasticity of yarn and I knew this going in. Pretty happy so far!


Fruit Garden - Into Part 4

I'm well into Part 4 of the Fruit Garden CAL by Janie Crow in #10 thread.

I love seeing all these pretty designs emerge with every round. I've been very diligent of weaving in all those little ends as I go. When the time comes to join the squares, I want to dive right in without the delay of those pesky ends!

With a bit of luck, next week's update will at least have the center block sewn together with a bit of edging applied.


I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and I'll check back next week!







Post a Comment

0 Comments